[vet-mm] country PD suggestion

Beveridge, Kent T beveridge.kent.t at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Nov 30 14:11:21 EST 2006

Hi all, heres another thought I have just had, rather than just expect a gim=
me' here's a possible 'how to'...
time to handpass to you listers and see what happens...

If possible perhaps VITTA could organize a 'travelling roadshow' of committe=
d and appropriately skilled staff to be part of a roster(schedule) to delive=
r PD of software to country schools.
How do we know what schools want?
Can I suggest we set up a database that would include different software, wh=
o is prepared to deliver it and what times they may be able to deliver it. A=
s for location and hardware, perhaps IT teachers, dept heads etc could look=
 at their needs and suggest to their timetablers when would suit that a visi=
ting presenter(teacher of the software) give a presentation?
With these 2 pieces of data, they could be compared and viola.. person X can=
 present software Y at location Z on date dd/mm/yyyy?
Just don't mention the d$$$(ollars) word.

By the way, this is by no means expected of VITTA and would by very much app=
reciated - I'm sure - by whoever can deliver this material to us pleb, non-n=
erdy, doin' fine types....

Does this sound practical?

Kent