[vet-it] Year 2 projects

Jamie LE ROSSIGNOL lerossignol.jamie at BSSC.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 18 04:31:08 UTC 2019

Hi Sid,

I hadn't thought of not clustering. It'll be easier that way.

With the Pi Project I was thinking of ICTICT302 & ICTSAS307 to install Linux and set up a web server.

Regards,
jamie

-----Original Message-----
From: vet-it <vet-it-bounces at edulists.com.au> On Behalf Of S.Bagh
Sent: Friday, 18 October 2019 2:26 PM
To: 'Vet Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List' <vet-it at edulists.com.au>
Subject: Re: [vet-it] Year 2 projects

Hi Jamie,

Please tell me if this is what you are looking for then I will write the rest soon.

All don't cluster, but all my assessments are Portfolio based with mix of Written, Logbook, Practical Task.

ICTICT301	Create user documentation
Practical Task ideas: All students choose different user documentation type for eg Brochure, user manual ..... Choice of Web based or electronic ...... Topics vary from Topics of user documentation examples: Interactive Screen, Printer, User accounts ( all types at School), Cisco Phone user guide... Please note all the topics are specific to our school.

ICTICT302	Install and optimise operating system software
ICTSAS305	Provide ICT advice to clients
ICTSAS306	Maintain equipment and software
ICTSAS307	Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network
Web server/Pi is excellent, perhaps you can cluster with ICTICT301, create documentation.

Elective
BSBSUS401  - Elective Work project, I do work project with Environmental and sustainability. Resourcesmart school.

Thanks
Sid

I'm also doing CUAANM302 - Create 3D digital animations, as a portfolio.
I'm looking at clustering the following into 2 things (a product or portfolio);
ICTICT301	Create user documentation
ICTICT302	Install and optimise operating system software
ICTSAS305	Provide ICT advice to clients
ICTSAS306	Maintain equipment and software
ICTSAS307	Install, configure and secure a small office or home office network

I'll be doing a small web server with a Raspberry Pi, which will do ICTSAS307 and one other, but I'm not sure which would be easiest. And the rest into something else.

Regards,
Jamie

Happy to help and which UOC in particular?
Thanks
Sid Bagh

I'm teaching year 2 of VET IDMT next year and I'm after ideas for student projects. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Jamie
http://www.edulists.com.au - FAQ, resources, subscribe, unsubscribe VET IT Mailing List kindly supported by http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/infotech/infotech.html - Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and http://www.vitta.org.au  - VITTA Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association Inc http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools - Swinburne University _______________________________________________