[vet-it] Cert3 IDM ...comments and feedback query..KentB

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Sep 20 16:50:38 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking to implement the Cert III in Interactive Dig. Media (program 2) in 2013.

Attached is a trial training plan of the units intended.

As you will see, it is based on the recent media release(August2012) by VCAA.

I am interested if others have taught the units on it and what resources they used, assessment tools, software, tasks etc.(building my 'toolbox' for the course...)

It is structured to incorporate unit 1,2 in 2013 with units 3,4(scored assessment) in 2014 with the strong bias for gaming content as

there is clear interest here in that stream.

I just passed this to my VCE/VASS guy  to run throught the VASS system and see how a sample student with these units would come up on the system. I hope it works!!

Also, have just purchased a 3D Animation software from a company at   IllusionMage.com.au  Under $100, so if its a dud, its not an expensive mistake. Promoted as offering similar to top end such as Maya etc so that remains to be seen! Includes training videos and backup support and can be loaded onto more than one machine for no further costs...(no networking license costs!!!).

Has anyone else used this program??? Please contact me pronto if you have as i would love to see what it can do and how you sorted it to run..

I seek feedback from others who've run any or all of the units I am proposing.

As usual, am just testing the waters as I like to ensure I do a good job for personal satisfaction and happy kids.

Happy kids = Happy me! (and that usually translates into good results too...)

Kent.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Coordinator & Maths Teacher
kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au<mailto:kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>