[vet-it] To Kent, Peter and Rao

White, Colin J white.colin.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 16 08:29:43 EST 2010

Kent, Peter & Rao,

Firstly Thankyou for helping Quentin. I was NOT offended by your assistance and would NEVER be offended by the wonderful assistance provided by those in this and the other lists. PLEASE dont stop ever offering help, tips, ideas, etc.....

I dearly love the College and students at Heywood & District Secondary College and also hated leaving the VET IT class there this year after I poured my heart and soul into introducing it several years ago and building it up to what it is today.

I was disappointed and offended in the implication that I just walked away without so much as leaving anything to prepare Quentin in taking over. It was taught for several weeks by the now IT Coordinator there, Ms Christine O'Dea before Quentin took over, and I provided a mountain of support and resources I had built up over the past 5 years, including some of my own personal texts. I also provided my phone and email contacts and also visited the College and Quentin even came to my home.

I have been poorly treated by several staff in the college over this and other matters. If they choose not to use my resources or take my offer of assistance that is purely their choice. BUT I resent the implication of using this public forum to imply that nothing was left or offered.

Colin White
on leave from Heywood & District Secondary College