[vet-it] Attn Peter Nash re Quentin's predicament..

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu Aug 12 16:35:43 EST 2010

Sounds to me like you need to now make contact with your VASS person there and determine from them, the details of course name, stream etc.
ie..have they enrolled the students as Cert 2 or Cert 3?
Do you plan to do scored assessment, or has it been done/started? If YES to this one..has an assessment plan been submitted via VASS, or not?(to the VASS person for system entry).

Looks like a combo of software and hardware units from your list.

Are you being auspiced by an RTO?  Or is your school an RTO?

Or..this might just be a course "tailored to the needs of the learners"?
Are there individual training plans?
An overall training plan?

ATTACHED: I have attached my training plans for my Cert 2 and 3 courses plus, my VCAA 'Assessment Plan'  that I am following for my Cert 3 course. Also attached is an official pdf doc that you perhaps could browse and maybe this could clear up some questions...
have a look and see if these link to what you have. If they help ...thats great.

Here is the link to the VCAA vet stuff that you should have a squiz at...it may answer a few of your questions..
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/vet/programs/infotech/infotech.html

Sounds to me like your setup has heaps of potential to do 'a lot in a hurry!' depending on how NOS and OS 'savvy' you are!

Any more questions..if I can help I will!!

Hey, just thought of a great idea Quentin...give the folk at the VCAA a call(VET studies unit) and have a yak if you're not sure...surely they can perhaps give you some good help too.
You've got my email now for further chats....

Hey Nashy...you've entered lots of these...what's your thought here?

Kent Beveridge
ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.