[vet-it] VET Book

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 9 16:14:52 EST 2010

Also using the Barnes book(6th edn). BUT..its not the be all and end all if you seek to do scored assessment...lots of gaps. Also, the VCAA documentation need to be done right..refer to the VCAA web site for details. IMPORTANT:work closely with your VET/VCE co-ordinator to get the assessment plan right for the scored assessment and the entry of the units so students get the right credits..my guy here is great on that front.
http://it.ballaratsc.vic.edu.au/   is a handy link...(strachny - pronounced strawny) presents it and he is happy to share. Use it to get some tips for content...I did, its great.
Refer to training package for all required official documents and evidence needs.

feel free to drop me a line and I will share my experiences with you in starting up and getting going. We did the same here..Cert 2 last year, now Cert 2 & 3 this year.
Maybe might consider the software stream next year as have some programming oriented boys doing the Cert 2 this year.
hmmm, gives me an idea...!!???

BTW, you do realize you MUST have a CERT IV trained presenter to deliver the course??  You can be auspiced externally.
Here, I present the materials and send to our RTO at the years end to get the certificates issued.
Its hard work, but it is rewarding...just buckets of paperwork!!!!

Kent.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.