[vet-it] Full Certificate III for VET IT

James GIBNEY jgy at sthelena.vic.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 12:39:01 EST 2008

Hi all,

Since VET IT has become a partial certificate we have had some of our
students ask that the school provide them with resources that give them
the chance to complete the full certificate at school. This is possible
for students who began units 1 & 2 in Year 10 and so will mcomplete
units 3 & 4 in year 11. The idea is that they then complete the extra
units in year 12 as an extra activity which is overseen by the school.

As I understand it to get the full certificate they must:

1.complete the remaining core unit

2. complete the remainder of the relevant stream (Section A)

3. undertake a minimum of four additional units of competence from the
elective bank or from a

stream which the student has not undertaken (Section B).

Therefore for VET IT Applications they need to be enrolled in and
complete the following:

1.

ICAS3234B Care for Computer Hardware

2.

ICAU3019B Migrate to New Technology

ICAI3110B Implement System Software Changes

3.

ICAB4135B Create a simple mark-up language document to specification

ICAB4169B Use development software and IT tools to build a basic website

ICAD4190B Maintain Information Standards

ICAD4217B Create technical documentation

Is anyone out there having to do the same thing? What resources are you
using? Is there a book like Barnes that we can get that sets out tasks
that cover the modules? Is there a certain number of hours they need to
achieve on top of what they have done for VCE?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

James Gibney

St Helena Secondary College