[vet-it] VET IT course and ENTER score

Lesley Humphries humples at santamaria.vic.edu.au
Thu Oct 12 11:25:43 EST 2006

Good question. I asked it a while ago too, and the general consensus was that there is no bonus. The subject just counts towards the ENTER as any other subject would. (and, of course, it's one that get scaled down a fair bit)

Lesley

> Hi all,
>
> Im looking for any official documentation of information I believe I was
> given at a PD on VET courses.
>
> It relates to the ENTER score for VET subjects that are recognised as a Unit
> 3-4 sequence (as is VET IT).
>
> My understanding was it can count as one of the Primary four subjects toward
> the ENTER score AND that you get a 10% bonus of the average of these four
> primary subjects for completion of the VET subject.
>
> If it is not one of your primary four subjects you get 10% of its result as
> a fifth (or sixth subject) AND you still get the 10% of the average of the
> primary four subjects.
>
> Am I understanding the ruling correctly or is this a misunderstanding?
>

> Important -
> This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education & Training..

Ms Lesley Humphries
Learning Technologies Co-ordinator
Santa Maria College
50 Separation Street