[vet-it] New VET IT course

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Wed Oct 4 12:51:05 EST 2006

Hi everyone

After having a good look through the new VET IT program guide I am
interested in feedback from people. It seems to me that it is a much better
structure than the last set up.

The way I read it is that students who complete the Certificate II in IT
will actually get full credit for the first year of the Cert III in IT
course, so essentially students can attempt the Certificate II in IT,
complete it, and then enrol into the second year of the Certificate III in
IT course and select the appropriate stream that they want to complete.

Is this how people read it?

I am currently editing and re-writing the Cert II and Cert III VET IT books,
and am also wondering if people think it will be of use if I add in an RPL
section into the front of the Cert III IT book for students that have
completed either part of the Cert II IT course, or have completed IT
elective units at a Year 10 level and are wanting to receive credit for work
already completed. As with any assessments made by the teacher, though, it
would have to be done by someone with the relevant BSZ or TAA Certificate IV
in Training and Assessment qualifications.

I'd be interested in people's thoughts on any of this.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO
Australian Institute of Education and Training
Phone: (03) 9387 2051
FAX: (03) 9387 3470
E-mail: abarnes at aiet.com.au