[vet-it] HELP with Access

Emma COUGHLAN ec at sthelena.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 8 09:22:18 EST 2006

Morning Keith,

I don't know what I am trying to do now! I am just going around in a
circle at the moment! :) I was attempting to link two tables which are
related via post code to each other - the idea is that the tables will
link automatically I think! - through the Auto look up function.

I really have no idea personally. I prefer a vlook up table or even
better an If statement in Excel.

Hope this takes you away from the brick wall :)

Regards,

Emma Coughlan

Emma Coughlan
Information Technology/Sose Teacher
St Helena Secondary College
Eltham

>>> keithcr at fastmail.fm 02/06 2:38 pm >>>

Emma - I find that I can solve most Access problems with "Access 2000
Bible" by Cary Prague & Michael Irwin.
However, from your description "creating an auto look up query" I have
hit the brick wall.
What are you actually attempting to do?
Ciao, Keith

On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 11:17:56 +1100, "Emma COUGHLAN"
<ec at sthelena.vic.edu.au> said:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I need help with creating an auto look up query using access. As you
> need two tables my predecessor has not included a second table on
the
> network for me to complete the auto look up queries.
>
> Therefore I have to create another table which is fine - I can do
that.
> However I can not work out how to do the auto look up queries.
>
> I am at my wits end! I have the Barnes book currently in front of me
> (the green one), been to the online help, I have books everywhere to
> find out how to do this auto look up queries.
>
> Could anyone out there please PLEASE help me! - even if you send me
two
> tables which I can use to do the auto look up queries - it would be
most
> appreciated!
>
> Its on page 6-8 of the barnes book for anyone who has that book.
>
> Thanking you in anticipation :)
>
> Em Coughlan (Stressed out!)
>
> Emma Coughlan
> Information Technology/Sose Teacher