[Visual Basic] VB Express

Graeme Summers graemebs at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 14 11:10:34 EST 2006

Hi All,

I was recently in touch with a guy from WA who is to use some material from my new "Game Programming ..." book at a coming ECAWA conference. He was asking a few things about using Visual Basic Express 2005. I hadn't used it so I was prompted to download a copy and install it (FREE).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/vb/

Since then I have been tinkering with some of the things he mentioned and have since got back to him. In short I haven't found anything I've done in VB.NET that doesn't work fine in Express (a couple of very minor adjustments). I am very impressed, especially with the fact that students can get it legally at no cost.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who is using Express and has discovered any issues related to VB.NET projects (especially anything from the work I have produced).

regards,

Graeme