[Textiles and Technology] advice needed - VCE textiles

Treverton, Melissa J treverton.melissa.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Feb 27 21:13:56 AEDT 2017

Hi Sam,

I ask my students to write a short paragraph stating the level of quality expected (commercial, high, medium, low)and justify why. (i.e. my client is expecting a medium level of quality as the piece is for a costume party and will be worn on one occasion only, not needing to be cleaned.) Then I ask them to make dot point statements explicitly stating what that level of quality will look like. (i.e.  All seams will be secured at the ends; Hems will be neat and even, the garment will fit my client perfectly to her body shape, any fastenings will be straight, evening spaced and secured)

It does not need to be too detailed, just so they are considering quality and identifying what that might look like.

Hope that helps,
Melissa

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D163F4.A60D6200]

Melissa Treverton