[Technical] DLink Business Grade Wireless?

Peter Dwyer peter.dwyer01 at gmail.com
Fri May 14 06:48:09 EST 2010

No experience with DLink but use Xirrus. It is pricey but Xirrus does offer
Education pricing which is a sizeable reduction in price. I'm also surprised
at your comment about Xirrus central management. They provide a central
management console which controls everything. Before installation, Xirrus
run a site survey and specify placement. Of course in older schools (ours
included) the placement of arrays to get full coverage can be tricky but
they do try to work around obstacles, such as mounting arrays vertically
rather than horizontally, etc.

I realise that Xirrus isn't the be-all and end-all and that there are a
number of emerging products from other manufacturers I'm sure that other
contributors will have different ideas.

Peter Dwyer, St Kevins College