[Technical] Tech Staff

Paul Williamson paulw at huntingtower.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 2 18:37:42 EST 2009

Hi Shaun,

Sounds like you are doing well there! 2 sysadmins!! I'm jealous.

400 computers running XP (desktops + laptops)
19 Servers (Windows 2k3, 2k8, centOS) - (some of these are virtual -
moving towards all being virtual by the beginning of 2010)

We also support AV setups and replace components of those when there are
failures.. and when the school floods we are here getting wet, building
barriers :-)

Staff:
ICT Manager (Me) - Full Time - Everything and the budget
Technician - 28 hrs/week - Everything except the budget (Server
Maintenance, Software installs/image updating, Staff Support etc.)
Helpdesk Tech - 4 hrs/week - Specifically for serving staff queries
promptly (available on 2 days for 2hrs each)

We have about 575 students and 100 staff.

I could probably do with more staff, but we've been directed to do what
we can with our resources and certain tasks end up not being done based
on priorities.

Good luck!

Paul Williamson
ICT Manager