[Technical] Linux at a Sydney school

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Thu Mar 23 11:30:00 EST 2006

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:22:38AM +1100, Clark, Ian C wrote:

> [...]

Yes, no doubt, Microsoft has most of you by the short and twirlies ;-)

However, Ian, there seems to be a far greater degree of Linux and OSS
adoption in the independent school space than in the public space. This is
because DET has established mechanisms which keep those environments much
more Microsoft oriented. Free thinking independent schools are more able
to move beyond Microsoft when they want to, by comparison.

Cheers,

Con Zymaris

- CEO, Cybersource Pty. Ltd.
- Director, Open Source Industry Australia, Limited.
- Convenor, Open Source Victoria (A Government-funded industry cluster.)