[Technical] Schedule an export from cases?

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 2 15:11:26 EST 2006

There are a number of triggers that do this sort of stuff already on the
server, Chris ... some of these jobs run nightly ... you can bring in a
SQL Server expert to write some for you or to do a Data Transformation
Services job (can export to other servers, for instance).

Be aware that any updates by the Department's TSU (Technical Services
Unit) might also wipe out your customizations, so you'd better consult
with them.

For instance, these updates can wipe out any customizing you did to the
daily tape backup routine (schools have been known to add curriculum
shares to the backup job!).

Cheers,
Clarky

Important -