[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Draft VCE Systems Engineering Survey ... A bit of a joke.

Alexandre Roujnikov ARoujnikov at penola.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 19:03:20 AEST 2017

Hi Ken and "comrades in arms",

1. I have completed the survey and stressed some valid points you have mentioned below such as: what is the preferable software/hardware to use (PIC or Adruino), print a new textbook with more practical projects described (with examples of hardware and programs ), more emphasis on electronic and IT applications. And I also "begged" to remove restrictions on "mechanical/electronic/electrical systems only" in Units 3/4. I also  suggested to change assessment tasks in Unit3/4 or give more details for their implementation and resources. In Unit 4 test in "all areas of studies" may be more relevant as part of preparation for Exam? So, I am happy to learn that you hope to move more "modern" way.

2. And we need more resources to support the new Study Design: text book and some handouts.

3. At the same time the current and "prospected" Systems   Engineering s study designs are much, much better than predecessor, which was really a "laughing stock". And we have a decent text book now. Let's hope our "Wish list" to improve will be taken into account.

4. Using this opportunity I also want to appeal to those SE teachers who did not complete survey. Please find time and complete it. We may succeed in improving  design making it updated, not as broad and sometimes as vague as the current one.

Regards,
Alexandre Roujnikov,

SE, Physics teacher.
Penola Catholic College