[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] What 3D printer are you using?

Plummer, Matthew PM at camhigh.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 23 13:51:52 AEDT 2016

Hi,
We purchased 2 'Printrbot simple metal' directly from the States.
15 x 150 x 100 build area, solid metal construction, PLA only for under AU$1200 each inc delivery. I have been happy with them, although they are a little slow.

http://printrbot.com/shop/assembled-simple-metal/

I use the Flashforge build tac product to improve adhesion and high recommend it.

http://www.flashforge-usa.com/shop/parts-accessories/flashforge-pre-cut-blue-heat-plate-print-tape.html

You can upgrade the Printrbot to a heated build platform to print ABS of you wish. I prefer PLA for environmental reasons.

Ultimaker 2 would be our next purchase...

Matt Plummer

Year 9 Student Learning Leader
Systems Engineering Teacher
Camberwell High School