[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] What 3D printer are you using?

Alan J. Beech Alan.Beech at bgs.vic.edu.au
Mon Feb 22 10:26:50 AEDT 2016

Hi Kenneth,

With $2500 they have put you out of the price range for a really good printer and into the more budget range.

At $1700 the Robox printer available through wiltronics is pretty reliable and reasonably quick (by 3d printer standards), and they give good customer support.

$2300 will buy you a maker-bot mini – reliable machine but a restricted build envelope

The up printers recommended by our colleague at Harvester TC are good machines but they do have some issues with the heads at times in our experience.

In my opinion he is  going the right way with the ultimaker but that will set you back best part of $4K.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Alan Beech

Alan Beech

[http://www.bgs.vic.edu.au/Topic%20%20Page%20Images/bg.footer.image.jpg]

Ballarat and Queen's Anglican Grammar School
201 Forest St
Wendouree Victoria 3355
Australia

Ph:  +61 3 5338 0873

| Alan.Beech at bgs.vic.edu.au<mailto:Alan.Beech at bgs.vic.edu.au> | www.bgs.vic.edu.au<http://www.bgs.vic.edu.au> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/ballaratgrammar> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/ballaratgrammar>
A member of the International Round Square