[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Mechatronics Day and also Electrical and Computer Engineering (EnGenius 2010) - looks a great opportunity for students!

Michael Caspar mcaspar at mounterin.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 7 17:46:57 EST 2010

Sourced in the RMIT University 2010 email update (September 2010)

Mechatronics Day

Audience: Years 10, 11 and 12

Experience cutting edge Mechatronics and Automation technology at the
RMIT Mechatronics Day.

Date: Thursday 23 September

Time: 10 am - 3 pm

Location: Bundoora campus east

RSVP: 12 September

Mechatronics is the integration of mechanical and electronic engineering
to produce devices and systems to improve human lives. Examples include
robots, car controls, traffic systems and elevators.

Students will participate in the following activities:

> Robotino Competition - Control mobile robots to navigate a maze
avoiding hazards whilst competing for a prize!

> Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) - Use an RFID system to
automatically track and detect objects

> SAGE-TTIM - Experience an Industry based automation system
demonstration and learn about careers in Mechatronics

> Sign and Make - Scan your signature and cast it in steel with the use
of the CNC machine

Secure your place and register online by 12 September at:
www.rmit.edu.au/aeromecheng/mechatronicsday

Contact

School of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering

Tel. 9925 6167

Electrical and Computer Engineering - EnGenius 2010

Audience: Year 10, 11 and 12

Want to see what really happens at university? Discover what RMIT
students learn and create as part of electrical engineering degrees and
see devices and gadgets designed and developed by RMIT students. You
could witness the next engineering innovation. You'll also have the
opportunity to engage with industry professionals and view
demonstrations of their products and services.

Date: Thursday 21 October

Time: 2 pm - 5.15 pm

Location: RMIT Storey Hall, 336 Swanston Street, Melbourne

Thanks

Michael Caspar

Mount Erin College

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Mount Erin College.