[Systems Engineering Teachers' Mailing List] Practice Exam errors

Alex Roujnikov aroujnik at penola.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Oct 31 09:23:21 EST 2007

Hi fellow SE teachers,

1. It was easy to pick up mistakes in trial Exam paper. My year 12 students found them and we discussed questions in class. It may sound weird but errors stimulated our work and increased interest to the Exam preparation. Paper is fresh and not dull. SE teachers were also alert and interested in the discussion.

2. The trial Exam paper, published for the first time in this subject as far as I know, is an excellent attempt to set a good standard, improve the rating of the subject and stimulate discussion before the Exam. We need to encourage those people who wrote it to publish more, may be with some editorial work from SE teachers before final publication.

Thank you for the paper, good standard and very relevant to the subject at last.

Regards, Alexandre Roujnikov,

Physics and SE teacher,
Penola Catholic College.