[Year 12 SofDev] Security considerations influencing the design of solutions

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Sat Feb 26 01:13:08 UTC 2022

Hi Sven

login - authentication
back ups security
safe saving

From a design point of view: Login
The student needs to show understanding in the report BUT in the design they only need the screen(s)
the psuedo code can just go straight through - need to demonstrate understanding of NEED for security

Also security of data - when doing delete student needs to ensure that the actual delete is not just a single click and it is gone
usually I have students hit delete then another button appears labelled something like “this will be gone for ever. Push me to destroy the data” and another button labelled “No NO I was wrong Save me from this”
Many students like the humour of the interface

Message boxes are so irritating that they often prevent bad moves but personally I have never liked them

Andrew

CRT a little bit