[Year 12 SofDev] Xampp and its various add-on modules for teaching

Tony Richardson T.Richardson at kardinia.vic.edu.au
Mon May 25 01:23:14 UTC 2020

Thanks Kevork.

I have been using XAMPP for many years to teach PHP coding. It's a great package although a recent update for Win10 now seems to have hijacked port 80 so have to configure localhost now to port 8080 (or similar).

Haven't tried installing the add-ons such as Joomla, WordPress etc through Bitnami. Have done it manually in the past. Looks to be a more seamless process.

Tony Richardson
Head of Technology