[Year 12 SofDev] Allocation of SAT Marks to U3O2 and U4O1

Simon Dorrat sdorrat at salesian.vic.edu.au
Thu May 7 07:17:54 UTC 2020

Hi,

With the changes to the SAT requirements, with the U3O2 portion of the SAT having 5 performance criteria and the U4O1 portion having only 3, how do we split the marks?

Last year from memory (my first year teaching SD so I may have this wrong) we submitted a mark out of 100 for U3O2 and again for U4O1.  Each had 4 performance criteria so the split between the two was even.

According to the assessment sheet in the amended SAT Admin doc the suggested marking is 10 per PC.  So that means 50 for U3O2 and 30 for U4O1.  How do we adjust?  If we scale up the 3 criteria in U4O1 they become far more heavily weighted.

Another side question, PC2 (development model) is comparatively light on in terms of effort required, yet is suggested to be 10 marks (20% of U3O2).  I presume we can adjust this to allocate more marks to the analysis/design?

Thanks

Simon Dorrat
TEACHER OF DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES | ROBOTICS AND INNOVATION | MATHEMATICS
Bosco Campus
10 Bosco St Chadstone 3148
T +61 3 9807 2644
F +61 3 9888 1289
E  sdorrat at salesian.vic.edu.au
W salesian.vic.edu.au

[https://uploads.salesian.vic.edu.au/images/emailbanner.jpg]<https://www.salesian.vic.edu.au>

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

The information in this email and any attachments is privileged and confidential intended only for the use of the intended recipient. This information remains the property of Salesian College and if you are not the intended recipient please delete this message immediately. The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not represent those of Salesian College unless clearly indicated. Please be advised that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the information is strictly prohibited. Salesian College accepts no responsibility for any viruses this email may contain. This notice should not be removed. If you have received this communication in error, please contact us at welcome at salesian.vic.edu.au<mailto:welcome at salesian.vic.edu.au> .