[Year 12 SofDev] Software Development: Core Techniques and Principles 4th ed

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 02:16:49 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year to all of you!

Just wanted to let you know that I have now sent my text to print and it
will be shipping in about a week. I left it very late this year as I wanted
to spend some time over December making last minute changes and reviewing
the structure. The text now is in AoS order and each chapter begins with a
'roadmap' of sorts that shows students where they are up to in the overall
course, the KK points and key terms used in the chapter.

The text has 10 chapters and is 186 pages. I've added a checklist at the
end of each chapter (which is something that I have been doing with my
classes for years) as well as a number of practice exam questions.

Unlike in years past, there are a few options out there for teachers to
utilise - and I would encourage everyone to make use of what is available.
In particular, Victoria Farrell's text is outstanding!

In the spirit of agile development, I've decided to revise my edition each
year of the study. By keeping my print runs smaller, my aim is to better be
able to respond to topics or points of emphasis that may come up during the
year or in the exam.

Link for the text is below:
http://adrianjansonpublishing.com.au/coursecart/viewitem/id,4

Enjoy what remains of your break!