[Year 12 SofDev] Students struggling with SAT ideas

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Tue Apr 28 02:31:10 UTC 2020

Hi All
Just to follow on from some of the GREAT stuff here

I ask my students to ensure their SAT can

Add, Edit, Delete, Save, Load, Sort, Search  — the 7 absolute requirements.

 We will use a drop in quick sort - i.e. the quick-sort we went over as a group and we all know works (developed in class but relying on other sources as well

Then I use that as a filter on their ideas - can they justify their chosen topic to fit these minimum requirements?

Mine are still in analysis and SRS and GAntt stage - but some are ready to start their DFDs, Use Case, Screen Designs, screen design criteria, usability (usability.gov <http://usability.gov/>), reading level, audience description, and (maybe soon) pseudo-code, data dictionaries, testing tables,

Luckily I had done a fair bit of theory in term 1 so we have been SAT focussed this term.

The thing I have not covered is  <xml>   files and reading them into a program.
I understand what to do intellectually but am struggling with collections of instances of a class that will be a collection of records (as in database). Stuff online tends to just interact with a database but None of my students have done Informatics/data analysis so I dont want to burden them with learning database as well

Maybe someone can point me to a good resource for that?  Please?

Andrew

Sunbury College for 2020
SofDev, VET CDM & unit 1,2 Computing