[Year 12 SofDev] Enrolments 2016-2017

Victoria Farrell farrellv at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 02:46:04 UTC 2019

Indeed!

We have been developing new courses at Years 7 and 8 Digital Technology to
encourage more students to take Technology based classes in Years 9 and 10.

In recent years we have run a Semester long mini-version of Informatics and
Software Development courses at Year 10 that provided a pathway for
excellent students directly into the Unit 3/4 programs. The Informatics
course has stopped running due to a lack of interest. We haven;t run 3/4
Informatics for three years now.

I started a new Year 10 course called "E - Commerce" and we got a full
house this year. I have set it up to include data collection & analysis,
web development and infographics in the context of developing a business
plan. I incorporated programming into the web development with PHP and
MySQL. Students can use the E Commerce course as a stepping stone into Data
Analytics or Software Development in 2020.

It's running for the first time this semester so I'll let you know how it
goes.

*Victoria FarrellHead of Technology Department *

*St Kevin's College*
*P 03 9832 4980*

*E farrellv at stkevins.vic.edu.au <farrellv at stkevins.vic.edu.au>*
*Tennis 6th Blue <https://skcportal.stkevins.vic.edu.au/homepage/3594>*