[Year 12 SofDev] Enrolments 2016-2017

Gary Bass gbass at distance.vic.edu.au
Tue Feb 26 02:39:38 UTC 2019

Greetings Victoria,

Time will tell
“not sure if "Data Analytics" is going to set the world on fire”..

My observation of several universities, the data analytics courses are the true across Faculty study

A very highly regarded course at Ohio State University (OSU) has the largest enrolment on campus as every student from arts(mathematics) engineering to sciences takes the course..(hmm.. STEMskills)

http://www.braumoeller.info/dataviz/

One local issue will be the skillset of the teaching force.. a lot of maths and stats involved ..or could be
..and advice by those who don’t know the details..
careers and others offering advice on what the course is and is not.

ATAR is still a major focus.
Our enrolments in 2019 are well up on predictions, at this stage, difficult to know if that is more students, or less teachers/schools offering.
We get those who are determined to take the study, rather than change their subject choice.

regards
Gary Bass
VCE Software development
[VSV Logo (LMS)]