[Year 12 SofDev] Fundamentals help required

vce computing vcecomputing at rmit.edu.au
Tue Sep 18 00:43:45 EDT 2018

Hi,

I am a long time analyst / programmer but I wonder if someone could help me
with the following fundamental questions. At RMIT we are offering VCE
Software Development next year and my school is asking what software is
required to be installed on their server ready for the students.

Does Python meet the requirements for this course?
Do I need to download Python AND Pycharm or just Pycharm?
Is Pycharm the most common IDE to use on this course?
Is the environment described above freely available for my department and
comprehensive enough for the students to undertake VCE Software Development?

I hope that you can help.
If anyone wants to email me directly I am on davidb.thomas at rmit.edu.au
Regards,
David.