[Year 12 SofDev] Python (GUI using PySimpleGUI)

Tony Crewe TonyCrewe at caulfieldgs.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 8 21:26:00 UTC 2018

Sending again, seemed to bounce back last time.

Hi All,

Again for those using python, after teaching fundamentals

... using major sections of first part of this resource https://www.brianheinold.net/books.html

I wanted a more compact easier and attractive way for student to create GUIs, and think PySimpleGUI is much beter than tkinter (based on tkinter)

See https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI

I did some exploring, playing adapting some previous examples (old VB work) and building skills in GUIs. Added some implementations of searching and sorting, validation and error checking. I need to edit, cull, document, improve some of this and will do so prior to 2019.

See https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbv69wbpnseigc7/AAD9Jv1psG7kZI0HKqifZJBea?dl=1

Cheers

Tony Crewe

CGS (Caulfield Campus)

[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/13696193?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI>

GitHub - MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI: Super-simple to ...<https://github.com/MikeTheWatchGuy/PySimpleGUI>
github.com<http://github.com>
Design Goals. Copy, Paste, Run. PySimpleGUI's goal with the API is to be easy on the programmer, and to function in a Python-like way. Since GUIs are visual, it was desirable for the code to visually match what's on the screen. By providing a significant amount of documentation and an easy to use Cookbook, it's possible to see your first GUI within 5 minutes of beginning the installation.

Brian Heinold's Webpage<https://www.brianheinold.net/books.html>
www.brianheinold.net<http://www.brianheinold.net>
Below are some books and class notes that I've written. All are available free under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License. Books and Class Notes. A Practical Introduction to Python Programming (pdf, html) — A hopefully easy to understand intro to Python, covering language basics, a little GUI programming, and some intermediate topics.

[https://www.dropbox.com/static/images/spectrum-icons/generated/content/content-folder_dropbox-large.png]<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbv69wbpnseigc7/AAD9Jv1psG7kZI0HKqifZJBea?dl=0>

Programming examples<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sbv69wbpnseigc7/AAD9Jv1psG7kZI0HKqifZJBea?dl=0>
www.dropbox.com<http://www.dropbox.com>
Shared with Dropbox