[Year 12 SofDev] Xcode and Swift in Software development

Wraight, Timothy J wraight.timothy.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 26 11:42:30 AEST 2017

Hi

I have been teaching Computing at years 10 and 11 and Informatics at Williamstown for 3 years.  I have so far only taught informatics at year 12 because software development hasn’t been taught here for many years.  I am interested in teaching it though and there is a possibility we may be able to have a class next year.

I have been teaching Xcode with the swift programming language to my year 10’s and 11’s as I have a classroom of all iMac’s.  Having never taught Software Development before I was just looking for some advice as to whether this would be a good language to use for it.  Is there anyone else teaching Swift at year 12? Otherwise is there another language that might be better that can be taught on macs.

Appreciate your feedback

Tim Wraight

Timothy Wraight
eLearning/eSmart Administrator | VCE Computing Teacher
Williamstown High School | Pasco Campus
t: 03 9397 1899
e: wraight.timothy.j at edumail.vic.gov.au<mailto:wraight.timothy.j at edumail.vic.gov.au>
w: www.willihigh.vic.edu.au<http://www.willihigh.vic.edu.au>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D1B5B0.763F8180]

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Training.