[Year 12 SofDev] U301 SAC - Feedback Please!?

Chris Bucknell Chris.Bucknell at haileybury.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 22 09:36:08 AEDT 2017

HI Vic,

I’ve just had a quick look and noticed a couple of issues/points:

·        You ask students to develop an Algorithm in the First Task – this is a component of design documentation and therefore should be given to the students and not assessed.

(A side note - Pseudocode is the only assessable method of describing an algorithm within the Software Development Study Design)

·        Your rubric’s talks about “Interface Design” and “Layout Design”.  Is this how they implement the design they were given or do you want them to modify your design?  If it’s marked purely on how they implement your design no problems, if not then it’s in the same issue of Design work.

This task is to “Interpret design requirements and apply a range of functions and techniques using a programming language to develop working modules” and the assessment task requires students to “In response to teacher-provided designs, create working modules to meet specific needs.”  So we must give out students the designs needed for them to develop working modules, and not require them to produce any of the design documentation.

Regards

Chris Bucknell
Head of CDT; Coord, Internal Exam; House Tutor
Phone: +61 3 9904 6360

Chris.Bucknell at haileybury.vic.edu.au<mailto:%7bemail%7d>
www.haileybury.vic.edu.au<http://www.haileybury.vic.edu.au>