[Year 12 SofDev] Programming Languages

Lorraine Bignell lbignell at netspace.net.au
Thu Jun 2 15:57:10 AEST 2016

 Hi

Thanks to those who replied to my earlier email (even though I forgot
to enter a subject).

Over the past few years in Software Development I have taught VIsual
Basic and C#, have taught some Javascript to a Year 10 class, and have
used for PHP (and mySQL) for my own programming. My students have said
that they would like to learn Javascript. I was wanting to know if
Javascript is suitable for the new Software Development study design
as I don't want to teach it in Units 1 and 2 and then find that it is
not satisfactory for Units 3 and 4. Would I be better going back to C#
or PHP?

Thanks

Lorraine Bignell
Kingswood College