[Year 12 SofDev] Directions for students for Criteria 5 & 6 submission

Philip Feain feainp at stkevins.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 2 09:36:38 AEST 2016

Dear All

I have included details I have posted on our LMS, emailed to students and
their parents for the submission of Criteria 5 & 6 tomorrow. I have done
this so as to try and avoid students receiving not showns for descriptors
in the criteria. Also I want to avoid the awkward follow-up with parents
that don't look at the LMS (have just got data back on a parent survey
regarding their use of the LMS - interesting).

Point 5 below is an evaluation. I am asking students know when they are
submitting assessment to give me their rubric with their estimate of marks.
It makes for an interesting conversation when you discuss their results
with them. I tried this in U3 O1 and found it to be pretty accurate. The
majority of students are either spot on or a little harsh on their
judgement.

*Submission requirements for Criteria 5 & 6 tomorrow for the SAT*

1. Print off all code - annotate all pages to show where you are meeting
the descriptors in each criterion. Also state what is working and what is
not.

2. Write a set of instructions telling me how to use your software
solution. tell me what username and password I need to be able to login and
follow through each of your forms.

3. Make sure your solution is in a folder named as U4 O1 SAT in V: Drive.

4. Check through each of your descriptors for each criterion very
carefully. Have you met all seven sets of the descriptors?

   - Data structures? Check?
   - File management system? Check?
   - Procedures and techniques to secure files? Check?
   - Processing features? Check?
   - Internal documentation? Check?
   - Data validation? Check?
   - Sorting algorithm? Check?

5. Submit a copy of the Criterion 5 and Criterion 6 rubrics with your code
printout and tick off where you believe you have met each descriptor. Write
down your estimate of a score you believe you will get for each criterion.

Regards

Phil.

--
Phil Feain

*Head of eLearning*
*Head of Information Technology*
*St. Kevin's College*

--
This email message does not represent the view of St Kevins College, is
intended only for the addressee(s) and contains information that may be