[Year 12 SofDev] usability - NF requirement or constraint or both???

Matheson, Heath A Matheson.Heath.A at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Dec 6 23:07:03 AEDT 2015

I'm often asked by students: " I feel constrained by your requirements so does that make them constraints?"  I tell them something like "You may feel constrained, but a project can't be constrained by what it has to do". But I too find it pretty murky.

I think that since useability is "making something useable" it is a requirement. Constraints are either items you wish you had more of or laws you must follow. So security would be a requirement to meet a legal constraint.

I'll just stick to my VCE IT motto and "don't think too deep" which means I can rephrase and answer Mark's question with scope has "benefits to users", FR and NFR do not. :)

Heath Matheson
Mount Beauty