[Year 12 SofDev] 'fi' and 'fl' missing in 2012 exam papers

Savage, John L savage.john.l at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Sep 20 14:40:28 EST 2013

I had a similar problem and copied and pasted the offending text into a text editor. "fi's" and "fl's" seem to be stored as ligature characters, i.e. instead of an "f" and an "I" or "l" they are represented by a single (?)graphic image. If you zoom in on the letter you might see they are tied together. An old printers' kerning trick.

Laurie Savage
http://accelerus.pvgc.vic.edu.au