[Year 12 SofDev] Programming on the iPad with Codea

Jackson Isted hawks008 at hawks008.dyndns.org
Sat Oct 26 20:36:34 EST 2013

Hi,

Coming from a child who has started proper coding recently
(me.learnAllTheJava()) I have found the Minecraft Mod ComputerCraft (Wiki:
http://computercraft.info) was a great way to get me into Lua as it
provided me with a reason to learn it. I wanted to be able to make things,
do things in an environment I know well.

With it you can create "Computers" and "Turtle" (Computers that can move
and perform actions with the world) that run an embedded Lua implementation
and some custom API's that allow them to interact with the things around
them and well as use some normal Minecraft (most people refer to this as
"Vanilla Minecraft") mechanics.

It's actually what got me into coding properly.

Thanks,
Jackson Isted

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Oct 2013, at 3:42 pm, Mark Schumann <mark.schumann at yvg.vic.edu.au>