[Year 12 SofDev] Programming on the iPad with Codea

Mark Schumann mark.schumann at YVG.vic.edu.au
Sat Oct 26 15:35:15 EST 2013

Hi Kevork,

Yes I used Codea earlier this year with my Year 9 class. I ended up using the tutorials for kids on this page:

________________________________
From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au [sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au] on behalf of Kevork Krozian [kevork at edulists.com.au]
Sent: 26 October 2013 14:32
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List; Year 7 - 10 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List; 'Year 11 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing List'
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] Programming on the iPad with Codea

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the cross posts but recently  I have been quite absorbed with Codea as a programming language that can be a huge attraction for students of any year level in schools using iPads.
Has anyone taught programming on the iPad using this application? – it uses the language Lua,  http://www.lua.org/about.html
I am already looking at creating a beginner’s tutorial of say 10 lessons and then an intermediate version. It looks like an amazing hook to get students into IT / gaming / programming in middle and senior years considering they can do the work anywhere with their tablet on the bus, on the train, in the school playground, at home, in the car and oh I nearly forgot,  the classroom :)

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator Administrator
www.edulists.com.au