[Year 12 SofDev] (no subject)

Mark mark at vceit.com
Wed Oct 9 11:39:20 EST 2013

It is an interesting point because there are logical design tools (e.g.
UCD, context diagram) which are used during analysis to plan the
requirements of a solution.
Then there are physical design tools which are used during design to plan
the mechanics of a solution - e.g. IPO, pseudocode.

I'd only ever used DFDs as logical design tools, so it's interesting that
Kevork (and Wikipedia) say that DFDs can be used in analysis and design.
 Further research (e.g.
http://www.ask.com/question/difference-between-logical-and-physical-dfd)
says there are both logical and physical DFDs.

Old dog:  one new trick.

Cheers
Mark

On 9 October 2013 11:07, Kevork KROZIAN <kkrozian at ringwoodsc.vic.edu.au>wrote:

>  Hi Peter,
>

> Yes, you make a good point. UCDs are in analysis only. However Context and
> Data Flow diagrams are found in both analysis and design.
>

> Kind Regards
>

> Kevork Krozian
>
> IT Pathways Manager
>
> Ringwood Trade Training Facility
>
> Tel: 0419 356 034

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his
book every time I drool.- Pavlov's Dog