[Year 12 SofDev] Feedback and way forward with Sof Dev

Christophersen, Paula P christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 9 13:20:00 EST 2013

Dear colleagues

As many of you know, the VCAA has begun its review process of the current study design. Already many people have provided very useful feedback on the strengths and weaknesses of IT applications, as well as Units 1 and 2, but there has been very little comment about Software Development. Are you all satisfied with the study? Hmm?

I would really appreciate your critique of the current study and any suggested changes for the revised version. When considering the way forward, you need to take into account that from 2015 the Australian Curriculum Digital Technologies will be introduced in Victoria, and for many students by the time the next version of the study design expires (end of 2019) they would have undertaken comprehensive learning in the area of computational thinking - a significantly higher benchmark than we currently have.

So, if you have any thoughts that you would like the Review panel to consider (remember they are your teacher representatives) could you organise them under the headings of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities.

Regards
Paula

Paula Christophersen
Curriculum Manager, Digital Technologies
Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority
2 Lonsdale Street
MELBOURNE 3000
(03) 9032 1724
0407 043 110