[Year 12 SofDev] B3 - cost effective

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Nov 20 16:41:44 EST 2012

Hi Maggie.

Frankly, I didn't even notice "cost effective" as a problem since it's a
commonly-used term in The Real World (tm) which foolishly (nay,
recklessly!) pooh-poohs the VCE IT study design's wise definitions of terms
like 'effectiveness' and 'efficiency'.

I train my kids to respond to key words like 'efficiency', 'effectiveness'
and 'accessibility' with Pavlovian ruthlessness and immediately think of
glossary definitions (even if I disagree with them, but that's another
issue).

But I hope my kids didn't over-do my Pavlovian strategy and respond
inappropriately to "cost effective" - otherwise the semantic paradox might
have damaged their tender, barely-used brains.

I hope they interpreted it as would those street urchins unversed in
Advanced and Arcane VCE IT Wisdom (AAVCEITW) who can't tell the difference
between 'font' and 'typeface'.

Sorry about the acronyms - I'm still coming down from AQADAS and CASSA in
the VCE SD DFD.

Mark Kelly - kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Secondary College, McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Phone: +613 8520 9085, Fax +613 9578 9253
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist <http://edulists.com.au/itapps/index.htm>
Visit Diigo links for ITA <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-info-tech> and
SD <http://groups.diigo.com/group/vce-sd>
--
My personal best for the 100 metre sprint is 11.9 metres.