[Year 12 SofDev] SSD replaces HDD for the Big Players

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 12 15:26:56 EST 2012

High Data Rollers like Google and Dropbox are adopting the SSD in data
centres...

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/06/flash-data-centers/

But will Flash SSD drives be here for long?  Maybe the memristor drive will
take over in 2 years...

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/07/hp-memristors/

Golly. I still have a 5.25" floppy drive lying around - just in case...
it's a shame I don't have a compatible ISA slot to plug it in to any more
:-(

Greybeards - you may now begin your discussion...
- I remember when I used audio cassettes to store programs on my TRS-80...
- Pshaw, newbie!  I had a punched card reader connected to my Altair 8080!
- Begone, neophyte. When Alan Turing and I were replacing rotors in our
Bombe...
- I remember the goode olde days when Herman Hollerith and I were playing
Angry Sparrows on his hand loom and we...

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au << use this, not Edumail please!

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and
write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn - Alvin Toffler.