[Year 12 SofDev] Analysis: Scope vs requirements

PIKE Philip PIKEP at bmg.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 29 11:34:09 EST 2012

I must admit, when I get quotes for IT projects, the companies providing the quote usually give me a scope of works which includes the requirements of the job and what they are going to do for the money. The only addition might be some exclusions, eg does not include connecting to legacy devices.
So from my experience the scope includes the requirements, but also identifies the exclusions.

Philip Pike
Director of ICT
Bacchus Marsh Grammar
Sth Maddingley Rd