[Year 12 SofDev] SD text orders for 2012

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Sep 6 10:34:02 EST 2011

Hi everyone,

I have started to receive emails from some of you in regards to book-listing
/ purchasing for next year.  Rather than send out lots of replies saying the
same things, I thought I would email the list.  Apologies to those that have
heard some of this before!

The text is $50.00 (ex-GST) - as I do not charge GST and can be purchased
from me in a number of ways.

1. Consignment.

Once you have an idea of how many students you will have in your class for
2012, email me with a number and when you would like the texts and I will
send them out to you.  You can then sell them directly to students and once
you have sold them all (or sold as many as you will be selling), get back in
touch with me and let me know the quantity.  I will then invoice you and you
can send back any unsold books.  The benefits of this are that it is easy
for the students, your students will not have to pay GST or any
postage/handling.  You can also ensure that your students have the text this
year (if you are running an end of year program).

2. Students order from web-site.

You can booklist the text and ask students to order directly from my
web-site (link below):

Link to purchase the text via my web-site (or simply navigate to the correct
menu from www.adrianjanson.com.au )

http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/index.php?option=com_content
<http://www.adrianjanson.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id
=25&Itemid=27> &view=article&id=25&Itemid=27

3. Purchase the texts for the class using a purchase order and then sell
them to students.

If you would like to purchase all of the texts outright, you can do this -
and then sell them to your students.

Some additional notes in no particular order....

Electronic version.

A few people have asked me about electronic versions.  I regret to say that
I do not have an electronic version at this stage (apart from a simple PDF)
- but it is something that I am working on for 2013.  If I end up making
some progress with this, I will let you know.

New edition.

At this stage, I plan to release a new edition for the start of 2013 (should
be available Nov.2012).

Book-sellers.

I do not supply this text via book-sellers (some book-sellers have been
contacting me regarding booklists).  The reasons for this are purely
economic!  Book-sellers require you to sell to them at a discount (normally
in the range 40-50%).  If I were to do this, I would run at a loss and I
instead wanted to make the text high gloss colour (with lots of nice piccies
- which has always been my preference!)  I apologise if this makes things a
little inconvenient - more than this I wanted to ensure that the text was
reasonably priced as compared to some texts that are $70 or $80.

Bonus for 2012!

In addition this year, every text will come with a full sample SD exam with
solutions!

I can send texts out to you whenever you would like them (I have them in
stock and ready to go).  Just reply to this email (not to the lists!) and
let me know how many you would like and if you would like them by invoice or
consignment.

Cheers,

Adrian Janson