[Year 12 SofDev] Stack simulator task

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Jul 26 12:26:47 EST 2011

Hi Folks,

   Interesting direction this discussion on data structures and techniques
for manipulation of them.

Of the relevant KK mentioned in the study design for U4O1
. forms and uses of data structures to organise and manipulate data,
including two-dimensional arrays, stacks and queues
.  techniques for searching, including binary search, and techniques for
sorting, including bubble sort and quick sort
. methods of organising files to suit particular software needs, including
serial and random access

 have people decided which combinations and permutations to use ?
eg. anyone doing a stack ?  Any for a queue ?  2D array with search and/or
sort ? One sort algorithm or a library function  ?  Same with search ,
linear, binary or library function ?
 Anyone focusing on serial vs random access for files in the SAC problem ?

 It would be interesting to see how problem selection, depth and
complexity falls in the outcome.

Kind Regards
Kevork