[Year 12 SofDev] ## Need your help in soring - VB 6

Asha DUBE ADU at gwsc.vic.edu.au
Thu Jul 21 15:11:51 EST 2011

Thanks Robert, I'll try that

Kind regards,

asha

From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au on behalf of Timmer-Arends
Sent: Wed 13/07/2011 10:40 AM
To: Year 12 Software Development Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Year 12 SofDev] ## Need your help in soring - VB 6

Hello Asha

I tried a deskcheck and made two passes of the C1 loop. It appears to be
moving the pointers so I would expect to see the array printed in a
different order (I can't tell if it will be the correct order!). If you're
not getting any change in order then the problem might be that you are
passing an array to the sub. Does parameter passing default to ByRef or
ByVal? If ByVal then you would NOT expect to see a change because, while
a( ) might be sorted, sortlist( ) won't be.

As a quick way out, I see that you have made sortlist( ) and pt( ) GLOBAL
variables so, insteading of passing them as parameters to the sub, just
write them directly into the sorting sub. NoItems is also global so your sub
does not need any paramters passed to it!

Regards
Robert T-A