[Year 12 SofDev] Data dictionary - data formats

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Wed Apr 6 18:34:48 EST 2011

Another reply Mike.

Re your statement

"From a practical point of view, using integers for the postcode can
form an index into an array of suburb names (assuming a single postcode
does not extend over more than one suburb - or maybe expecting a logical
assignment of postcodes stretches things somewhat)"

This does not need integer postcodes! You index on a postcode, text or
integer - that is all.

As a scientist/mathematician I have trouble with numbers with leading zeros.

Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM
Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com