[Year 12 SofDev] Data dictionary - data formats

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Wed Apr 6 17:17:50 EST 2011

Thanks Mike!

Gets even more murky doesn't it?

Good old "microsloth speak" (Thanks again Mike).

You "should not" be able to start a number with a zero. So previous advice
that postcodes should be treated as text still stands.

The fact that Microsoft allows numbers starting with zero should not make
this an acceptable practice. B##### Microsoft.

Seriously, how often do you need to perform numerical calculations on a
postcode?

Love to hear more on this

Robert Hind (Semi-retired) OOF, GOM - and I'm not really a gentleman :-)
 - Ashwood and Traralgon
robert at yinnar.com