[Year 12 SofDev] Swinburne's Faculty of ICT - Secondary School Curriculum Enrichment Programs 2011

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 14:55:47 EST 2010

Hello,

Swinburne's Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies are organising on and off campus Enrichment Programs again. The programs are specifically designed to enrich your students' knowledge of the curriculum.

On campus

The faculty has developed programs focusing on IT Applications, Software Development, Physics, Business Information Systems, High Achievers, Astro Tours and Exam Preparation Sessions. The on-campus programs will be running mainly in Term 3 and are delivered at Swinburne's Hawthorn campus.

In 2011 we will also be running the ICT School Holiday Program as well as introducing new initiatives such as a 'Cool Grads' seminar, ICT Virtual Entrepreneurship Program and VCE Extension Studies.

At your school

If you prefer we can come to your school to deliver presentations to year levels 7 to 12 about ICT courses and careers or interactive workshops from a range of topics such as Hacking, Cracking and Viruses, Web 2.0 or IT in Organisations. All programs are free of charge.

Resources

The ICT Faculty have also developed a range of resources to support you and your students with easy to access information. We will also be working with schools and teachers to identify the most-needed areas of professional development and we welcome your suggestions.

Where, what, when, how?

For more information about our programs or to register, please visit www.swin.edu.au/ict/schools or download the brochure.

To obtain a copy of the Secondary School Curriculum Enrichment Programs 2011 brochure, please visit us at stand 31 at the VITTA conference on Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 November or contact me directly.

If you have any questions, suggestions or specific requests, please do not hesitate to contact me on 9214 8768 or by email bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au.

I look forward to seeing you at the VITTA conference or at Swinburne for one of our programs!

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 0823
m: 0416 931 105

Supporting Schools
www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools

Swinburne Change of Preference Expo
Wednesday 15 December 2010
Hawthorn and Lilydale campuses, 3.30pm - 6.30pm
www.swinburne.edu.au/2011

Swinburne. A better study preference for 2011.