[Year 12 SofDev] SRS needed

Kevork Krozian K.Krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 11:39:34 EST 2010

Mark,

The OSI is key fundamental of Cisco CCNA semester 1.
The mystery for me with the focus on Layer 1 ( physical layer ) is that it is concerned with electrical and signalling standards eg. RJ45 TIA/EIA 568A and 568B cabling ( crossover UTP cables etc) .
Why this is the focus I am not sure. Maybe someone can explain this.
I would have thought layers 2 (frames on Ethernet , encapsulation on WANs), 3 ( ip addressing and routing ) and 4 ( ports eg. 80 for www, 23 for telnet etc  )  would be much more interesting and meaningful for students.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian
Digital Learning Manager
Forest Hill College